All financial costs are stated in US dollars and payments are made in US dollars.
TUITION COSTS - 2012-2013 School Year
For example, if a full-time student who has qualified for the discount takes six (6) full year courses (1.0 each, non-AP), the tuition cost will be $3,150.00 (6 x $525.00).
The above-stated tuition prices do not include fees, shipping costs, or the cost of the books and other resources required for each course (not all courses require additional resources). Many resources are now available in a downloadable digital format for any e-reader. Please visit our online bookstore from which you may buy the needed course materials. The Course Descriptions section lists the required course materials for each course.
The Course Information page lists the required course materials for each course.
Dual Credit Courses
LeTourneau University dual credit courses are paid directly to LeTourneau University. You will also sign up directly with LeTourneau University.
Dual Credit courses are also available from Moody Bible Institute. Please contact Moody Bible Institute directly to apply.
Shipping costs vary depending on the method and expediency of shipment. Shipments made to addresses outside of the US may be subject to additional customs fees levied by the local government.
Students, families, and schools have the option to pay for the program costs via the following payment options:
Pay for the costs in full at the time of registration.
- Installment Plan 1: 60/40 Payment Plan
Pay 60% of the cost of tuition plus fees at the time of registration, and pay the balance owed no later than the 9th week of school. There is no additional charge for this payment option.
- Installment Plan 2: Four-Payment Plan
Pay 30% of the tuition cost plus fees at time of registration. The remaining balance will be divided into four equal payments. Each payment will be due the first (1st) business day of the next four months.
- Installment Plan 3: Nine-Payment Plan
Pay 30% of the tuition cost plus fees at time of registration. The remaining balance will be divided into nine equal payments. Each payment will be due the first (1st) business day of the next nine months.
Students, parents, and schools are responsible for mailing in the monthly installment payments. If paying by check or money order to NorthStar, please ensure the payment arrives at the NorthStar office by the first of the month. Please remember that if you have selected a payment plan you are responsible to make the payment either through the Student Information System (Genius SIS - by listed due date) or by mail to the NorthStar office or by calling and paying by credit card. If payment is not received by the due date a late fee will be added to the account. NorthStar will not send out monthly hard-copy reminder notices each month to those who have chosen an installment payment option or payment by check.
Refunds of tuition costs are granted according to the following schedule:
The “refund clock” starts ticking the first day of the course.
Our refund policy is the policy that we least enjoy enforcing, so for this reason, we want to be very intentional to communicate this policy to you. When you register your student for a course or courses at NSA, you are entering into an agreement that pledges several things:
- You are pledging and committing to pay for all of the program costs associated with your student's enrollment in NSA with a stated time allowance for a tuition refund. If you choose to withdraw your student after the end of the 3rd week of his or her enrollment in NSA, then you are choosing to forfeit the money that you have paid for the program costs (no refund of tuition or fees), AND you remain committed to pay for the amount owed for both tuition and/or fees even after you have withdrawn your student from NorthStar Teacher-Led if you have selected to pay via installment payments. When you enroll your student into a NorthStar Teacher-Led course, you are reserving that place in the course for the duration of the semester or year, depending on how you chose to register and depending on the duration of the course. This reservation comes with a per course cost, so when you commit to pay for the course(es), then you are committing to pay for the right to receive instruction in the course(es) for the duration of the course. If your student withdraws from the course(es) after the refund deadline, then you are still committed and obligated to pay for the cost of the course(es).
- NorthStar Teacher-Led is pledging to provide you with the instruction, and all associated services as described on this website, for the duration of the course, with the exception of a course that may not "make" due to low student enrollment in which case you will receive a refund of the tuition money for that particular course or have an opportunity to select an alternate course.
Please be very sure that you agree with our refund policy before you enroll your student into NorthStar Teacher-Led. If you would prefer to limit your financial obligations, you can enroll your student in the NSA course(es) for just the first semester for the purpose of "trying out" our online course(es), and then you can enroll your student in the second semester of the course(es) once you determine that the NSA course(es) are a good fit. The two drawbacks in following this plan is that (1) you risk the second semester course(es) being full and thus closed to additional enrollments and (2) it is more expensive to register for each semester individually than to register for a year-long course.
NorthStar Teacher-Led offers the following discounts:
Saber Discount - $25/course - available to student's whose parent(s) work for a non-profit organization or serve in the US military. To receive this discount, the parent or supervisor must indicate this status in the online registration process and then send to the NSA office an official letter via mail, fax, or email from the parents' organization stating that the parent is a full-time employee of the non-profit organization; NSA will not process a registration until such a letter has been received if the parent indicated that the student is eligible to receive the scholarship.
Sibling Discount - $25/course - available to families with two (2) or more students enrolled in NorthStar Teacher-Led
School Discount - $25/course - available to students registered by and through their current day school
Discounts are applicable to Teacher-Led tuition only and are not combinable. Discounts are not applicable to Parent-Led costs.