Academic Advising Office
Our Academic Advising Office recognizes that each student at NorthStar Academy has been given gifts and abilities to be used to glorify the Lord.
It is our goal to provide individualized support and direction to students as they gain a clearer understanding of their personal, academic, and spiritual goals. In partnership with parents, students, and NSA teachers, the Academic Advising Office will walk with students through their coursework, providing proactive academic counseling to prepare students with the skills needed to successfully navigate their post-secondary studies and/or the workforce. Click the buttons below to view helpful resources from our Advising Office.
To schedule a meeting with one of our Academic Advisors, please complete the following steps first:
- Engage in our Virtual Tour if new to NorthStar Academy.
- Create your account and complete your student’s application in our system so that we have a place to hold your student’s records. There is no obligation to NorthStar when you create an account.
- Have your student’s previous school send their official transcript to [email protected] at least 24 hours before the scheduled meeting.
- If your student is a 4th – 8th grader, please refer to the “4th-12th Grade Sample Course Plans” above. If you have additional questions, please email our advising team at [email protected]
- If your student is a 9th – 12th grader, please click the “Book Now” link below to schedule a meeting.
Meet with Mrs. Carpenter for assistance with 9th and 10th grade course selection, dual credit, and transferring credits from a non-US school.
Meet with Mrs. Calvin for assistance with 11th and 12th grade course selection and questions about the college application process or use of Scoir, our college guidance management system.
At NorthStar Academy, we have specific accommodations that are inherent to our online program and available to all students.
NSA teachers are open to differentiation with their instruction but are not able to accommodate individual student needs nor provide curricular modifications in NSA courses. As a private institution, NorthStar Academy does not receive federal funding; private schools are not regulated by state government and can set their own standards with regard to curriculum and special education service delivery. NorthStar Academy does provide specific accommodations that are inherent in our online program. Flexible pacing, needed breaks within the school day, personalized course scheduling, and extended time for assessments are all examples of accommodations available to all students who take courses at NorthStar. NorthStar also provides all students with access to a toolbar that can support students as they learn. To learn more about this resource and other accessibility tools, please visit this page.
Should you have any specific questions about how your student’s unique learning needs might be supported at NorthStar, please reach out to our academic advising office or principal team by emailing: [email protected]