Enriched Virtual Classes are for those students who want a weekly live session with other students and for students or parents who want more accountability and firm assignment due dates.
A webcam, microphone, and stable Internet connection are required for EVP courses.
With an Enriched Virtual course, you will find:
- A weekly live class session
- Live sessions scheduled to accommodate different time zones
- Firm, weekly assignment due dates
- A cohort of students taking the same course at the same time
- Courses for every core high school subject, plus some electives
- Opportunity to email, instant message, or hold a live meeting with your teacher throughout the week
- Students are allowed to miss 3 live classes per semester but must listen to the recordings of all missed classes.
- Our EVP courses use the video meetings feature in MS Teams for live course sessions. Enrolled students will be provided with an NSA MS 365 for Education license which includes the Teams platform.
- Live course session times observe Central Daylight Time in the summer and Central Standard Time in the winter.
- Each scheduled class time must have 5 registered students or it will be canceled. Students from a canceled class time will be notified and will be able to choose the other class time if convenient. Scheduled class times can fill up. When this happens, students will be invited to choose the other class time.
- Enriched Virtual Courses do have an increased price point due to the live elements of the program. Please visit the Tuition Costs page to view these costs.
Semester Dates for the 2023-24 School Year:
- AP® Courses: August 14 – January 7
- Regular Courses: August 28 – January 21
- Fall Break: November 20-24
- Christmas Break: December 18 – January 1
- AP® Courses: January 8 – May 12
- Regular Courses: January 22 – June 2
- Spring Break: March 25 – March 29