Onboarding: How Do I Begin?
We would love to share about NorthStar Academy and answer all of your questions.
Below, you will find information on getting started with us.
If you have any questions during the onboarding process, please contact us!
- Create a Supervisor Account in Genius, our Student Information System (SIS). Every student must have a supervisor to proctor exams.
- Complete your Student’s Application. Once you have created a supervisor account, you will be taken to the student application page. This is where you will enter your student’s information. Students will receive an email with their login information to the email address that you enter for them. Please contact us if you do not receive this email.
- Have your student’s previous transcript sent to our office. This can be emailed to the Registrar’s office or faxed to 662-892-4385.
- Enroll your student in Courses. If you need help with course selection, please email our Guidance office.
- Make your Payment.
- Order Books and Resources from the bookstore. BNC K-12 is a separate company from NorthStar Academy. You will need to create your own BNC K-12 account.
Once you have enrolled your student in courses, you will receive a Welcome Email from our Registrar with further instructions on getting started. If you do not receive this email, please contact us.
Once you have registered for courses, you and your student will both be given access to your orientations. The goal of these orientations is to prepare every user here at NSA with the tools they need to succeed!
To ensure your student’s success, we require both supervisor and student orientations be complete before gaining access to courses.
You are not alone! Our Student Success Coach will be grading your orientation assignments and can assist you with getting started! You will find her contact information in the orientation.